Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Heirloom's West Springliefd Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival (part 1)

First I must say that it was the first time I attended a Rubber stamp convention! http://www.heirloompro.com/
I always wanted to do it but never had a chance to! It was nice but smaller than previous years, some merchants where saying that it was mostly because of the fuel price!!!
I was there 2 days before, we are lucky enough to have a nice big 5th Wheel so I was able to rest and prepare myself for this event.
I had chosen to take 2 classes one on the Friday afternoon and the second on the same night.
My first class was with Nami of DeNami Design, I had no idea what to expect since we could not see the projects ... It is not my true style but I found interesting to be able to make 5 quick and easy all occasion cards DeNami style in 2 hours....!
I must say that Nami is a sweet, patient and very talented teacher. She creates most of her stamps and they are just so soft and elegant! I finally enjoyed my experience with her. Mostly she showed us that we can do your own printed backgrounds so starting with a white blank card you do the complete designing of your card. We also used some of her papers.

3 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Francine!

How exciting you were able to go to your first rubber stamp convention!!!! I enjoy them so much and try to go about 5 times per year!!! LOL!!!

I LOVE what you did with the DeNami cards!!! They're BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Dorothy said...

I don't know why you don't like your ards Francine..they are really beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to attend the convention and that you had a nice vacation!

Passionforstamping said...

Your DeNami cards are lovely, Francine. They are so elegant and I love them all! Great to hear you had a wonderful vacation and how awesome to be able to go to a convention! Welcome back!