Friday, June 26, 2009

Bonsai - Wet Stencil

Another fun and this time easy technique from TJ... This technique is from Tricia Morris. You can use both watercolor crayons and watercolor pencils with great results. I used crayons, I think it's easier because crayons are softer than pencils.
I enjoyed doing this one and did it with a metal stencil, the ones we use with a light table to dry emboss... then I realize that in fact if you take a tick acetate you can draw your own design and cut it out to use as your unique stencil....!
The background first layer is gold foil paper this is what you see as black!!!

3 comments:

wwilloww said...

WOW Francine, that is gorgeous!!! You will have to join the bonzai swap on OSA! Where did you get the bonzai stencil?? I just love how your card turned out!!! Willow

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh . . . this is so clever and BEAUTIFUL, Francine! I LOVE this technique! Your artwork really SHINES!!!!

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Francine!