Friday, September 25, 2009

Double bugging...

Yes again another technique from TJ and, again I'm using my embossing folder to create these cards.  I guess you could say that I like playing with these :-)) This one is Double Bugging from the TJ June/July 2009 newsletter.  It is simple and fun to do ... As long as you match  2 embossing folders or embossing plates that go well together, you can create very interesting backgrounds or even use it as the main feature of you card as I did in these 2 cards. I use my Adirondack inking pads and go over the texture left by the first embossing folder and when I'm done with the second embossing folder I use a painting brush and my Adirondack inking pads to apply color. I tried different ways to apply color but find that this way goes well for me.  When I want very subtle colors I use Chalks instead of inks. Add a complementary pattern paper or embossed cardstock, ribbons, brads ... ET VOILÀ!







Don't hesitate to leave your comments.  Those are always appreciated!

2 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

I LOVE your DOUBLE BUGGING, Francine!!!! What a cute name for a charming technique! Yours are LOVELY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Francine, these two cards are just beautiful! The extra steps to painting the second embossed piece really made a wonderful difference!